2-Day Wedding Photography Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
- Class size: Courses limited to 8 persons.
- Duration: 2 Full Days (10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.)
- Price: £300 /pp (Early Bird Price for the first 3 people who book - then £375
- Location: Botleigh Grange hotel, Southampton SO30 2FL
- Dates and availability: Scroll down to see all available dates
The wedding photography workshop follows this schedule:
Day One – Theory, Planning and Business Tips - Practical Sessions (Bride getting ready/Intimate shots)
Day Two – Practical Sessions (Church/Formals/Dinner/First Dance) - Editing Workflow Explained.
Over the full course we’ll cover the following subjects:
- What makes a good wedding photographer?
- Preparation – planning the day, visiting the venue, engagement shoot .
- Wedding photography kit discussed in depth .
- Lighting – making the most of natural light, when to bring portable lights .
- Key photographs and posing – how to direct your subjects for unforgettable images .
- Challenges and how to deal with them – changing weather, difficult guests, limited time etc .
- Essential images – how to stage and capture the photos all bride and grooms expect, including the ceremony kiss, confetti pictures, cutting the cake, group photos and getting ready images .
- Selections – how to choose the final images and how to present them to the client
- Editing images – when to edit and how .
- Sales and marketing techniques – wedding photography is competitive, so you’ll learn how to stand out from the crowd and how to price your services .
- Contracts – how to form a legal contract to protect yourself .
What will you need?
For the Wedding Photography Workshop you will need a digital SLR camera or a professional compact camera with full manual exposure. You will also require a speedlite or flashgun to capture professional looking images.
To take part in this course, you’ll also need a good knowledge of camera settings, lenses, exposure and shutter speed. This workshop will NOT cover the basics of exposure, or how to use your camera.
Parking is FREE.
Sandwiches will be supplied for lunch.
I may record video for my YouTube Channel, so if you prefer not to be on camera, please let me know on the day and I will do my best to exclude you from the Vlog.
Andy Hornby is not held responsible for anything lost or damaged on the workshop.
If you have any issues, please contact Andy on info@Andy-Hornby.co.uk
- Early Bird Price£300£3000£0
- Normal Price£375£3750£0